Tuesday 23 August 2011

Workbench Delays

So no sanding this weekend after all...bought a workbench from B&Q on Friday evening in order to have something stable to use to support the body while sanding, tried to build it on Saturday only to find that one of the parts was faulty and I couldn't put it together.

I'm going back to B&Q to take it back, get a refund and a new one (going to get a better one too as the one I got seemed a bit flimsy) tonight, so hopefully should get onto the sanding next weekend - bank holiday weekend plus a day off work on Tuesday so there ought to be plenty of time for it!

Might take a look at woodworking tools while I'm getting the new workbench too, since that'll be the next step - still not sure exactly what I'm going to do with it to try to take some weight off, but I have a few ideas. Perhaps that can be a topic for another post this week, since I won't be able to make any actual progress until next weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment