Monday 15 August 2011

Removing the Electrics


The last post brought this blog up to date with everything I'd done back in May, so I figured I'd better get on and do some more work on the Marlin so I'd have something to blog about!

Therefore, tonight's task was to remove all the electrics - here's a "before" shot:


Once I'd removed the screws holding the jack and pickups in place, there were only five wires to cut to be able to remove everything - one from the jack, and two from each pickup. The switch and pots will stay connected to each other until they go back in as there's no reason to disconnect them, it'd only give me more to do when I put everything back. I've made plenty of notes and taken plenty of pictures to (hopefully) remind me how it all connects up when the time comes to put it all back.

Here's all the bits laid out on the floor, ready to be put neatly away somewhere (no, really - I used sandwich bags):


... and the body itself, now completely bare of everything:


Next, the somewhat daunting task of removing all the lacquer and paint, but more on that another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment