Sunday 11 November 2012

Westone Parts, Part 1

The first two packages of parts for the Westone arrived on Wednesday and Thursday - the main item being the neck pickup, a Seymour Duncan '59. I've gone for the "reverse zebra" version, in which the black and cream bobbins are switched from the "standard" zebra configuration, so the black bobbins are on the outside of the pickups as they sit in the guitar. Click here for a pictorial example from the Seymour Duncan website (although I don't know why they have it upside down).


The drawback of the reverse zebra is that they seem to be rarer, and I've got to wait about 4 weeks for the bridge pickup I've ordered to come into stock from the US!

Also delivered this week were a few of the bits and bobs that are needed - the tone pot, pickup switch, nut, knobs, capacitors and some extra wire.


So that leaves just the bridge pickup and the pickup mounting rings, and I'll have everything I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment