Sunday 29 January 2012

Rounding Off The Edges (Part 2)

Finally an update...well, finally I had some time last Sunday to work on the Marlin, and finally today I've had time to write a blog post about it!

I did the shaping of the back edges of the body, to try to match up with what I'd already done on the front. It's not perfect yet but it's almost there, and I can do the rest when I tidy it all up before painting. I also haven't done any extra shaping of the arm or rib cuts yet, but that can come later.



As expected it's still pretty heavy despite what I've removed so far, so I've decided to have a go at making a cavity or two in the body since that's the easiest way to lose a significant chunk of weight now. It's going to be tricky and I might make a horrible mess of it, but that's the point of this project really - it doesn't matter if I screw it up!

I'll try to post again soon (famous last words) about my plans for cavities, but I need to make the plans first!

No comments:

Post a Comment