Saturday 17 September 2011

Nineteen Layer Cake

This picture illustrates very nicely the layers of the plywood - all nineteen of them:


You can also see a few dents in the edge of the body - somehow these dents (which were clearly visible in the surface before I sanded the paint off) have had the paint pushed into them, rather than the dent going through the paint to the wood like most of the other dings and marks that were in the body. I decided against trying to sand the paint out of these with the power sander as that would've created a horrible flat patch in the edge of the body, so I'll see what comes off when I sand the body down by hand, and may end up having to paint over them to some extent.

I'm hoping to have some time this weekend to sand off the remaining paint inside the horns, and the remaining residue over the whole body too. Then it'll be time to start seriously deciding what I'm going to do about cutting down the body - I already have some more concrete ideas and plans than before, and even some "sketches", so maybe I'll post them up here at some point and ask for comments :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment